Do YOU have what it takes to be an ACE?
The ACE’s (Acting Company for Excellence) represents a select group of our young actors and actresses that have met the rigorous standards established for admittance.
This company’s primary goal is to distinguish certain students who demonstrate a desire for excellence on stage and off. The acting company FOR excellence means that ACE members aspire for excellence each time they take the stage. ACE membership will mentor students to further enhance leadership skills, the craft of acting and performing, improve communication skills, and teach other valuable skills which would be beneficial to a career in the arts.
Company members will be selected based on their level of experience, their acting, dance or musical talent as tested via audition, and their maturity both on and off the stage.
Benefits of Being an ACE!
Acting Company of Excellence Members receive these benefits:
- Participation in special events and activities.
- Special participation in the “Members Only” Balloting for the Annual AMP Award Program.
- Participation in Acting Company of Excellence advanced acting workshops.
- Priority access to special classes and programs.
- Priority selection of audition slots for upcoming shows (ACE members will NOT be given priority selection for role casting but for audition slots).
- Exclusive eligibility to be considered for the PCT/MYT Summer Touring Shows.
- Exclusive eligibility to be considered a paid Teen Intern.
- Member of the Acting Company for Excellence Advisory Team (replacing the previous Teen Council) to provide input to PCT/MYT programming and selection.
- Special recognition in playbills as ACE members.
- Eligible to register for ACE Summer 2012 trip to New York City.
- Eligible to audition for Plano Community Theatre productions at PCT. These productions are tuition free for ACE members.
- After enrolling in a production in a semester, ACE members are eligible to audition and be cast as chorus for other major productions at PCT/MYT and incur only the cost of ticket requirement and costumes. The tuition cost will be underwritten by a scholarship provided by our generous sponsors.
- Recognition on lobby walls as an ACE Member.
- Special recognition on a press release with photo of members.
- Once a year consultation session with panel of directors regarding student progress.
- Access to ACE-logo’d clothing and gifts.
ACE MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS:
In order to be considered a member, the applicant must fulfill each of the following minimum requirements:
- Has performed in a minimum of five “major” Plano Children’s Theatre or McKinney Youth Theatre productions or equivalent from a comparable theatre.
- Has performed in at least two major productions in the past twelve months.
- Is twelve years old or older or is a Middle School attendee (6th Grade or older).
- Is a Member in good standing with PCT/MYT.
- Has been nominated by a Director of the Plano Children’s Theatre/MYT.
- Demonstrates maturity during rehearsal and performance.
- Demonstrates respectful behavior of theatre staff, director, show parent, and parent volunteers.
- Has paid the annual Acting Company of Excellence dues (currently $49 which includes membership and audition fees).
- Successfully completed a Director’s audition, and met the performance standard as set by the Academy of McKinney & Plano (AMP) Directors.
* Teen Council member’s fees paid will be applied to this program.
To become an ACE, download & complete this application and email to